Heart Month Promotion: Register your AED during the month of February for your chance to win a lunch and learn hosted by the EHS AED Registry Coordinator for up to 12 employees! (Winner will be drawn on March 1, 2018 and notified by email).
Do you have an AED?
By registering your device in the enhanced EHS AED Registry, you can help save lives in your community. This program is designed to help improve sudden cardiac arrest survival rates by rapidly linking AEDs, AED responders, and sudden cardiac arrest patients.
Registering your AED will allow you to always have peace of mind that your unit is in good working order and ready to use. You will receive e-mails indicating when to replace batteries and pads, as well as monthly reminders to check on your AED’s working condition.
Benefits to this program include:
- Automated e-mails to AED ‘inspectors’ regarding maintenance items, recalls and CPR/AED protocol changes
- An inspector is defined by the AED owner as the person in charge of maintaining the AED and its contents
- Text or phone notification to public ‘responders’ identifying a nearby sudden cardiac arrest
- A responder is defined by the AED owner as the person(s) who agrees to receive notifications and delivers the AED to the sudden cardiac arrest patient
- Overall public confidence that Nova Scotia is trying to increase the survival rates of out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrest patients
Please complete the main EHS AED registration form and review and sign the terms and conditions. Supplemental forms are available (e.g. multiple AED registrations with the same inspector). No fee is required to register.
Note: If your AED is not accessible to the public or if you do not wish to make your AED accessible, it can be identified as ‘private’ in our registry while still providing you with the maintenance benefits.
Once the AED Registry Coordinator has entered in your information, you will receive an e-mail request from National AED Registry / AED Link™ to create a username and password. Once logged in, you will be able to view your AED and update the information accordingly.